The General Secretary
The General Secretary shall:
- provide for the taking of proper minutes of all meetings of which he is a member, and for the keeping of records of the attendance of members at these
- be responsible for the proper keeping of reports and the records of meetings of the Association and of its various Administrative Units as
- be ex-officio secretary to the Professional Advancement Committee, the Credentials Committee and the Central Education
- serve as secretary to the Special Tribunal and to the Appeals Committee but shall not have the right to take part in their deliberations or to vote. (cf Rules 4 (xiii) c) and (xviii) b)). be Chairman of the Caribbean Union of Teachers
- remind the Districts/Branches, at the appropriate time, of meetings they are to hold in accordance with the Constitution, and of the business to be attended to by these
- receive from Districts/Branches written reports of meetings referred to in Clause f)
- ensure that a meeting of the Elections Commission be convened not later than the middle of March in each (cf Rule 15.6).
- prepare a draft Annual Report for the Conference of Delegates. This draft requires the approval of the Central Executive before the Report is submitted to the
- summon special meetings of the Conference of Delegates, General Council and Central Executive when requested to do so (Rules 8.10 (i), 8.11 (v) a) and 8.12 (ii) b).
- notify all members in a manner determined from time to time by the Central Executive, of all amendments and/or interpretations of the Rules approved by the Conference of (cf Rule 8.12 (v)1) and 19.3).
- perform such other duties as may be ascribed to him by the Central